Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken


Serves 6 (you can make this serve 8 by adding one more chicken breast)

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet (1-1/4oz) low-sodium taco seasoning
1-16 oz jar salsa
1 cup frozen corn
1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
Baked tortilla chips

1. Place the chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot. Mix soup, salsa, and taco seasoning together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.

2. Before serving, shred the chicken in the crockpot with 2 forks, add corn, beans, and sour cream. Cook for a few more minutes until everything is heated through.

Serve with tortilla chips

Results: I found this recipe on Two Pink Hippos. It looked so good, so I added it to the menu for this week. It did not disappoint! This was sooooo good and filling. Chris liked it. Henry said it was "The bestest thing you have ever made." and had two servings. I think this one was a hit. (And in case you are wondering, Steven didn't have any because he was TAKING A NAP! That is not a typo. My six-year old son, who gave up naps when he turned one, was TAKING A NAP! I will take a sleeping child over fake gagging over my gourmet food any day!)

Henry ate two servings, and enjoyed being a "chef" by putting the chicken on the tortilla chips. He said adding the corn was his idea, but it really wasn't.

As an added bonus, this was so easy to make! At 9:24 a.m., as we were getting ready to leave for swim class, I remembered I needed to start the crock pot. I got everything going, and we were out the door at 9:31 a.m. Perfect! Thanks Two Pink Hippos!

No comments:

Post a Comment