Thursday, October 29, 2009

Zuppa Toscano



I saw this recipe on one of my favorite cooking blogs 365 Days of Slow Cooking yesterday and had to make it last night. Luckily, I had almost all the ingredients in my kitchen, as there has been a huge snowstorm going on in Denver the past two days. I did not have kale, so I used spinach leaves. The recipe below is as I made it, check out the original recipe on Karen's blog.

Serves 6

1 lb ground Italian sausage
2 cans chicken broth (I didn't have enough chicken broth, so I added some beef broth)
1 cup water
1 onion, chopped coarsely
3 large potatoes, cubed
3 cloves garlic
salt & pepper
6 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 bag spinach leaves
parmesan cheese

1. Crumble sausage and combine in slow cooker with broth, water, onion, potatoes, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, until potatoes are tender and sausage is cooked through.

2. Just before serving, stir in bacon, cream and spinach leaves. Top with parmesan cheese.

Served with garlic bread

Results: Steven didn't touch it, Henry liked it, and I *LOVED* it. This is seriously the best meal I've had from a slow cooker. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment