Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Smoky Bacon and Blue Cheese Chicken Salad Pitas



Serves 4-6

3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1&1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Pitas, cut in half (I used small pitas because I figured it would be easier for the boys to eat)

1. Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring well. Combine lettuce, chicken, bacon and tomatoes in a medium bowl, stirring well. Drizzle yogurt mixture over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Spoon chicken salad into each pita half.

Served with grapes

Results: I knew that neither boy would touch the tomatoes or lettuce, so I separated theirs out and added peas.

This was very good, and I will definitely repeat it, but I felt like I was standing in the kitchen forever! Maybe I was just in a mood, because there was nothing particularly hard about the recipe. Both boys took a bite, and claimed to not like it. Not a success with the boys, but very good for the adults. The blue cheese/yogurt mixture was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment