Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pork Chops with Asian Pineapple Salsa


Serves 4
Prep Time: 6 minutes, Cooking Time: 25 minutes (Doh! I just missed the 30 minute mark on this one, but admittedly, I'm a slow chopper. I'm going to list it as 30 minutes anyway. Interestingly enough, the original recipe claims you can make this meal in less than 15 minutes. Uh huh...)

4 boneless pork chops
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup pre-cut fresh pineapple
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
Pinch red pepper flakes
Rice (optional)

If preparing meal with rice, get that going first. You can finish all the chopping and grilling while the rice is cooking.

1. Spray grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.

2. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Place pork on grill and cook until done, about 4-5 minutes each side.

3. Meanwhile, to make salsa, place pineapple, shallot, fish sauce, brown sugar, cilantro and pepper flakes in food processor and pulse 2-3 times, just until pineapple is coarsely chopped.

Serve pork chops with salsa and rice.

Results: A perfect summer meal! This was really great. I ended up over-pulsing my pineapples, so if you have a super tiny food processor like me, you might want to put the cilantro in first. I had to keep pulsing to get that cilantro chopped up. That would be the only thing I would change about this recipe. It was DELICIOUS! (Leftovers were great too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment