Friday, May 20, 2011

Pork Pitas with Chutney Sauce


Serves 4
Prep Time: 4 minutes, Cooking Time: 15 minutes

1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, split in half lengthwise, almost all the way through
1 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons fruit chutney (I used Mango)
4 whole wheat pita breads, warmed
2 cups baby arugula

1. Spray grill with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with paprika and salt. Place in grill pan and cook until done, about 7 minutes on each side.

2. Meanwhile, to make sauce, stir together yogurt and chutney in a small bowl; set aside.

3. Halve pita breads; fill each half evenly with pork and arugula. Drizzle with sauce and serve at once.

Results: Hmmmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about this recipe. By itself, the chutney sauce was good. The pork was good. But together, this recipe just seemed weird to me. Maybe it was the texture of the whole wheat pitas. I'm not sure, but I just wasn't a fan of this. The boys HATED this. Chris, on the other hand, thought this was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment