Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pizza Casserole


Serves 8-10

1 lb ground turkey breast
1 (8-ounce) bag egg noodles
1 (1-lb, 8 oz) jar marinara sauce
2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (3.5 oz) package pepperoni slices (you'll use about 1/2 the package)

1. Preheat oven to 350*. Brown the turkey breast and drain (if needed.) Cook egg noodles and drain.

2. Spoon a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Then layer:
1/2 the meat,
1/2 egg noodles,
1/2 remaining marinara,
remaining noodles,
1 cup cheese,
remaining meat,
remaining marinara,
remaining cup of cheese, then
top with pepperoni.

3. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake additional 15 minutes.

Served with salad.

Results: This was super easy to make and very tasty. Next time, I'd like to add some mushrooms or green peppers (or any kind of pizza topping would be great.) This made a HUGE casserole (I doubt we will be able to finish the leftovers), so next time I'm going to divide this into two smaller casseroles and put one in the freezer. (You may need more marinara sauce and cheese for that!)

Steven saw this meal on my computer and asked me to make it, without the meat. I put the meat in ours, but made a small casserole for him without the meat. What did this little guy think of this meal? He said, and I quote: "Mom, THIS.IS.DELICIOUS! I want you to make this five nights in a row!" He even went back for seconds! Winner, winner, pizza dinner!

Recipe from For Mamas

No comments:

Post a Comment